Saturday 5 May 2012

08.03.12 Mothers Day March 18th


It's that time of year again, the one official day of the year where Mum's everywhere get spoiled (at least I hope they do)! This year I have got my Mother a beautiful handmade card by the lovely Lauren Robinson from LCR Designs and a cool handmade knitting needle holder by Heather Bottomley - which I bought at The Vintage Tea Party & Gift Fair in Highgate last weekend - topped off with a course from The Make Lounge in Islington. 

I always prefer to send and receive gifts when they are least expected, random gifts always have that great surprise element and a handwritten card, postcard and note means so much more than an email or is it me just being old fashioned?
I'm making my St. Patrick's Day cards tonight to send to my relatives - the shop bought versions are a bit naff and twee so I going to give mine the genuine touch and get posting this weekend. 

Also making a massive batch of candles tonight as I am totally out of stock bar 4 candles and with the much awaited, very exciting Muswell Hill Market on this weekend I need to get melting wax big time!

No comments:

Post a Comment