Saturday 5 May 2012

17.08.12 Caffine


Last week's issue of The Stylist had a coffee, one which included  a top 10 cafe list - so In a moment of caffine fueled madness I decided I was going to try all 10! 
 Friday 13th is a good a day as any to start and so I did by visiting the vibey Kaffine on Great Titchfield St., given it's just around the corner. 
So one flat white later, Kaffine is 100% recommended and they do a really good laymington cake.

Sunday 15 April - next on the list Monmouth - in my opinion the mecca of all things coffee, as I dragged my other half along with the promise of tea we found the Borough Market cafe CLOSED, disbelief, confusion, a bit of moaning and complaining on my behalf.  We then in our wisdom decided to do the 20 min walk to the Bermondsey branch also closed - admired the lovely blue shutters, not a coffee bean in sight!
At this stage it was lunchtime, I had not had a coffee - there was nowhere to get coffee so we continued to the O2 to see the Thin Lizzy exhibition and ended up in.......Costa with a mocha, sharing a soggy sandwich, followed by a lemon & poppy muffin to 'lift' the spirits' Soul destroying. 


Mon 16th April was a better day, I finished work and having checked opening hours, trotted off to Flat White in Berwick St. I needed a no fuss kick so a Macchiato it was and it was good, better than good.... the best macchiato. ever. 
I don't have anything else to say, just go there and try it out.

2 down 8 to go and since my anger has subsided I will be trying Monmouth again ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment